What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

E6750 throwing Vcore abnormality alert

the_bandit87

I have an E6750 hooked up to an Asus P5KC. 4 gigs of Patriot Signature Seriese DDR2 800 RAM. Not that it has anything to do with it but its being cooled by a Sunbeam Tuniq Tower. The Asus PC Probe II is throwing a Vcore warning (sirens blaring). The Vcore on these in normal range should go from 0.90 to 1.35 volts, usutally mine is running around 1.31 and clocking at 2000mhz (speed step). According to the warning (of which I have gotten two in the last half hour) the Voltage is going up to 1.65 for a split second. Whats going on here, is it just that PC Probe II is wrong, or could this be a problem with the board, CPU or PSU??

Edit: Also at the time of these alerts the CPU is running at around 32*C, but the Motherboard is a little hot, running around 42*C (its got the passive cooling pipes). Usually the CPU runs this cool (the tuniq tower really works.

JD

Staff member
I wouldn't trust PC Probe readings. Never really found it that great of software.

Use CoreTemp for CPU temps, and CPU-Z for CPU Voltage.

If the computer is stable and hasn't crashed or anything, then I doubt it's a hardware problem.

Twitter