What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

E8400 + Folding = OMG...

sswilson

Staff member
Did you get a firm ETA on that yet? NCIX forums now has a "stickey" showcasing the Xeon quads which they expect to see in stock shortly.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
No firm ETA - actually it's been slipping: now it's Late April.... remember I ordered early February.

sswilson

Staff member
Might want to send in a support ticket then... they're talking about 20 march for the Xeons. You might be able to switch if you're interested.

Cptn Vortex

Let me just throw in here, we "Should" be getting a handful of Q9650's in about March 25th - April 4th.... I still need to see if my suppliers actually get them though.

sswilson

Staff member
Just pulled the pin and ordered one for a build I'm doing for a friend. Here's hoping it comes through..... :)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
NCIX replied back this afternoon - ETA is late march for the Xeons, and mid-April for the Q9450. But it was also said that the ETA date was very "unstable".

CasheKicker

Man I got to get tis OCing thing down. Right now I am running at stock 3Ghz and my ram is underclocked at default og 800Mhz. My PPD for my E8400 is a mere 1260ppd. Which really bites.

Whats this affinity program all about and how difficult is it?

Still waiting for SSWilson to come visit me and teach me the ropes. Comon Steve it is such a nice drive...

zlojack

You should be able to get that bad boy to 4GHz.

Try running the FSB at 445 and the RAM on the 5:6 ratio. That should give you ~1066 and 4GHz.

That chip can do it at nice low volts, so it should stay cool.

CasheKicker

Every time I try to OC it's unstable. Even for mild changes. I am most likely making silly mistakes due to my lack of knowledge.

I try to drop the multi to run 8x450 and she don't like it. I guess I need to play with voltages but don;t like the idea as I am such a novice in the area. When I have lots of time to read up pn it I will work at it again.

I installed the Affinity Program Fah Smp Affinity Changer [english] - Ðîçïîä³ëåí³ îá÷èñëåííÿ â Óêðà¿í³ | Ðàñïðåäåëåííûå âû÷èñëåíèÿ â Óêðàèíå and thing it is working... But don't see it running anywhere.