What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Edmonton area help

Sagath

Staff member
PC went wonky today. After troubleshooting I suspect my CPU is done.

Anyone local mind helping me out? 1151 socket. You provide the cpu, I'll provide the beers :punk:

Edit: Big city is big, location might help. I'm more St Albert than Edmonton. Near the Enjoy centre.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Sorry Sagath, I've got a spare 4690, but that won't do you any good. Maybe try putting a post in OT or Rants, on the off chance you catch someone in a higher-viewed subforum?

Sagath

Staff member
Thanks anyways FK.

On the advice from the other mods I'm gonna replace the PSU. It's brand new evga g3, but all the components are new, and it's a lot cheaper than buying a new 8700k. And at worst I'll end up with a spare psu which is always handy.

Sagath

Staff member
No go on the PSU.

Back to looking for a CPU to test with. Help a brother out please!

KaptCrunch

possible a bent pin in socket or ram controller failure

what issue of wonky getting ? POSTing or not

Sagath

Staff member
As suspected, it was the CPU.

Thanks for the PM's, help, and advice. We've got a great community here. :thumb:

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter