What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Edmonton - Drone Delivery Test Flight Success

Izerous

Folding Team
I found another article that actually shows them loading the unit with a box. This craft doesn't appear to be capable of unloading/loading automatically. Seems like it would land then you need to open the hatch to remove the package.

Izerous

Folding Team
I wonder what height they have to fly at and such.
Flying from YEG (Edmonton International Airport) there are going to be HUGE restrictions on how high they are allowed to fly. While 747s and planes of that nature flying over my head are quite high in their decent into the airport smaller prop planes and such fly low enough that I have had my car alarm triggered on occasion.

The flight ceiling for the drones I would guess to be lower than what those prop planes are flying at. Even from that height i'm not going to be able to use a home made potato cannon converted into a net thrower to take one down.

Modern rouge used a special shotgun shell and took down some smaller ones at lower heights. I don't think that would work at the heights I think they would still be allowed to fly once leaving the immediate airspace of the airport.

Izerous

Folding Team
rc car alarm triggered by a low flying plane? I'm assuming this is something just added into the ESC or...?
not RC car, real car i had to go back and read what i posted but didn't talk about an RC car :)

The noise vibrations shake the car enough to trigger the impact sensor on my car. Kinda like a really loud motor bike can sometimes trigger car alarms. It is rare they are that low but it does happen... and i'm quite a ways from the airport already.

Mr. Friendly

not RC car, real car i had to go back and read what i posted but didn't talk about an RC car :)

The noise vibrations shake the car enough to trigger the impact sensor on my car. Kinda like a really loud motor bike can sometimes trigger car alarms. It is rare they are that low but it does happen... and i'm quite a ways from the airport already.

heh...I've had RC car on my brain as of late, so I suspect it was me misreading my car as rc car. :p

Latest posts

Twitter