What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Eh all just have a bios ??? for a few folks

gingerbee

So my question is with my second x570 board that I am putting a 3600x in it. When I update the bios from the first time I figure it will have pretty old bios on it,
do I have to go through the important bios updates or can I just jump to the last best one available?

I ask because I have always worked my way through the important ones like the first bios that have an agesa update then to the next agesa update in order but wondering if I can just jump to the last agesa update and be done thanks again all for all the x570 help :giggle: :giggle: banana

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Yeah AFAIK all bios versions keep all the *good* changes from all the previous ones. I'd actually suggest you avoid installing every bios because you may introduce unnecessary instability that a later one corrects.

Only exception is beta bioses, unless you have a specific issue with the newest non-beta bios which the beta claims to correct, I'd steer clear of those.

gingerbee

First thanks all for the advice. I don't install every single one only ones with major updates like agesa. I would install 1.0.0.3 Patch ABB then go to 1.0.0.3ABBA and finally to 1.0.0.4 patch B and just want to be sure I can jump to the most update bios with no problems.

Which I think I should be able to do so just wasn't sure. now I know I can, thank m8's

I dont use beta bios

JD

Staff member
Unless the release notes specifically mention going to a certain version beforehand, I just go to the latest.

I think the only instance was with ASUS boards when they switched from ROM to CAP files, there was a "middle" BIOS you had to go to first.