What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EK Res cracking

zoob

Started cleaning up my parts to prep for a new water build.
I looked at my EK res from my Hackintosh build and went "WTF?"

The cracks are on the inside right around where the water level used to be.

:angry2:

PZM8ycGl.jpg

HWNpYAXl.jpg

kosmic

When I'll show my EK reservoir pictures, you will all freak out. The reservoir (new - old style 50mm) and loop has been setted up and put on hold for a few months. Only distilled water and silver coil. It is cracked to the point that you can't even see through it anymore.

kosmic

Someone explain me this!!

This is an older EK reservoir model but new (spare part). The loop/system was completed but wasn't used in 6 months. The case was siting in my computer room waiting for spare time to complete and troubleshooting.

So, new reservoir (old model 50mm) with distilled water and silver coil. And this happens. The water never saw heat. lol!

Needless to say that I bought a BitsPower reservoir and it's running....with no cracks!

lJWMHIh.jpg

6PLey1S.jpg

tW1L4kP

sswilson

Staff member
Were there temperature variations in the room it was kept in? All I can think of is pressure from thermal expansion/contraction.

lowfat

Staff member
How tight were the end caps? Never over tightening any threads on acrylic. You should easily be able to remove them w/ your hands w/o too much force.

Latest posts