What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Elden Ring anyone?

GeezerGamer

As the title hints at I wonder if anybody here at HC will be getting the PC game Elden Ring?
Due for release 24 February 2022. I'm all but certain I'll pre-order it soon. I haven't played a game like this in a long time.
It looks to be expansive but I'm trying not to see too much of what it might have to offer.
PC hardware requirements are still to be announced but I would think demanding at ultra settings!
Anyone interested or have thoughts about this game?
So, who's looking to purchase?

FreeKnight

No real reason to pre-order, always better to wait for reviews. Even a well-established studio can produce a dud (CP2077, Anthem, etc...)

I'll keep an eye out for it, but didn't really care for GoT to be honest, and still haven't found the time to play any of the From Software Souls games (which is odd because I played the hell out of their games in the pre-souls era. Pretty sure I owned at least 8 different Armored Core games over the years)

GeezerGamer

No real reason to pre-order, always better to wait for reviews. Even a well-established studio can produce a dud (CP2077, Anthem, etc...)

I'll keep an eye out for it, but didn't really care for GoT to be honest, and still haven't found the time to play any of the From Software Souls games (which is odd because I played the hell out of their games in the pre-souls era. Pretty sure I owned at least 8 different Armored Core games over the years)
Yeah that's a good point waiting on reviews! There's is some good buzz from the beta.....

crazyea

Damn right. Played every SoulsBorne game many times over. 1000’s of hours. Probably my favourite series of games.

GeezerGamer

Cool with your responses!
I like large maps and what I've read about Elden Ring is the map might not be largest but it has a lot of interior and underground territory to explore. My hope is it doesn't suffer what some other games have of late by it not being released a finished game!

Lysrin

The little that I saw about, it seems that the combat was like the Dark Souls games. Personally not a fan of that combat style. But I'll wait for some more in depth reviews.

crazyea

The little that I saw about, it seems that the combat was like the Dark Souls games. Personally not a fan of that combat style. But I'll wait for some more in depth reviews.
It's literally a souls game. But with a different storyline.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Well if I WAS thinking about this game, I'm not any more. I thought developers had learnd this by now, and we were past this bullshit?

Latest posts