What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Elite Dangerous?

GregoireA

Oh, is multi crew already part of the main game?
I should get it spooled up and see who else got it now that it is free.

On2wheels

Afaik you could always join someone in their ship as long as it has two seats, if thats what you mean by multicrew. I've had people join me in my ship when I'm delivering people or on my journey to Sag.A.
You can join friends in other mission types too but I'm not sure if you can matchmake for those as a solo. Or was that added in a patch last year...?
Log in each day right now for some free game currency, though it may not be enough for even a paint job.

Lysrin

@GregoireA this will give you a full rundown on multicrew that is already in game. It's a pretty decent set of functionality, and includes sharing both rewards and penalties between crew members.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Flying a strike mission against some automated turrets at a "conflict zone" base? I may start to be getting some hype for this afterall !

Lysrin

Flying a strike mission against some automated turrets at a "conflict zone" base? I may start to be getting some hype for this afterall !
I thought there might be a couple of things in that video that you viewed as positive ;)

I'm staying cautious, but I really hope this is mostly good. It won't be perfectly what we all want, but I'm hoping it can be say 70-80% of what we hoped for and a good platform for them to build the rest on.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I thought there might be a couple of things in that video that you viewed as positive ;)

I'm staying cautious, but I really hope this is mostly good. It won't be perfectly what we all want, but I'm hoping it can be say 70-80% of what we hoped for and a good platform for them to build the rest on.

Very cautious optimism.
But even so, we pretty much have confirmed:
- PvE fps combat
- Class-based -type customization (space suits)
- Customizable weapons (with three base types? I hope more later: plasma, energy, kinetic)
- Grenades
- Vehicles can be directly affected by gunfire.. implying the opposite is also possible, which equals: air-to-ground combat WILL be possible.

The last big thing I'm missing is new atmospheric weapons. Bombs, specifically. Maybe they should replace and or buff the crap out of torpedoes? Its the one weapon type I never bring.. cause it's garbage (although I've yet to try an engineered version, I can't imagine it's much better).
In fact, they could use this as an excuse to revamp the weapon ammunition system: I think it should take cargo space. Give us a way to reload torpedoes or bombs or missiles from the cargo bay (with a delay, obviously) and right away all three world have far more use.

lcdguy

Folding Team
you can sort of do bombs currently in elite, using mine launchers :) great fun to see a T10 fly inverted and release armageddon on a small outpost :) not that it does much though.

Lysrin

Odyssey expansion is live.

I haven't bought yet. It isn't quite what I was hoping for based on the YT vids I've watched. Still likely to buy it as it does add significantly to the game. I am disappointed with what I saw for some aspects of the FPS combat and of course that you can't walk around inside your ships like you can in Star Citizen.

Entz

Well to be fair walking around your ship is all you could do for a decade in Star Citizen ;) /s

I am on the fence about it. I will wait for some more feedback.

Latest posts