What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Error 0xc000007b

JD

Staff member
Free version of Avast? I'd say skip it entirely. Windows Defender in the latest Windows 10 versions is more than sufficient.

Kreeech

Wow, really? Hmm, I should try that, particularly since Avast has annoying popups daily.

JD

Staff member
Yup, Windows Defender has become a very solid product and tightly integrated with Windows 10. Even if you install a 3rd party AV now, it still remains enabled, just in a slightly more limited state.

We're also at a point where there's very few "viruses", most of it is malware and ransomware and largely that can be avoided with some safe browsing habits or setting your DNS to something like 9.9.9.9 (https://www.quad9.net/) where they do blocking of malicious sites.

Kreeech

Thanks, JD! I'm just finishing my Windows 10 System restore and installing C++ and .NET Framework as suggested. Then I will create a system restore point and do that more often to avoid this happening again.

I'll also not bother with Avast.

Thanks for all the help!