What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Error 51

muse108dc

Ok, my friend just did a format of his machine, no change in hardware, xp reinstalled. Everything should have been the same, just fresher. Before the format Borderlands had no trouble running on his machine, but now when ever he goes to try to launch it he gets error 51. We cant even find out what this error means apart from the fact that it seems to be more of a steam error (game was purchased through steam).

He has no antivirus, and he has looked at every single driver we could think of, uninstalled steam (something happened and that broke but should be fixed now I think) and we are at a loss. Anyone have experience with this area 51 of codes? We would like to get this fixed pretty quickly

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Ok, my friend just did a format of his machine, no change in hardware, xp reinstalled. Everything should have been the same, just fresher. Before the format Borderlands had no trouble running on his machine, but now when ever he goes to try to launch it he gets error 51. We cant even find out what this error means apart from the fact that it seems to be more of a steam error (game was purchased through steam).

He has no antivirus, and he has looked at every single driver we could think of, uninstalled steam (something happened and that broke but should be fixed now I think) and we are at a loss. Anyone have experience with this area 51 of codes? We would like to get this fixed pretty quickly

Steam Error?

Can we see a screeny of it?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
OK, maybe you should tell us what else you have already tried? :)

Have you deleted local content and re-downloaded it?

muse108dc

yes, he has, twice.

its probably simpler just to list what he hasn't done yet, hes tried a lot.
checked cache both times
all drivers up to date
tried rollback on gpu
antivirus and firewall both off
run by admin acount
deleted registry.blog
thats the just of it I think, there may have been more

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
try to uninstall and then manually delete the entire steam folder. Restart steam from a fresh EXE install, and go from there?

Latest posts