What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

esd damage on my video card?

Bismac

can anyone tell me the symptoms?
i accidentally touched my video card while cleaning my pc.:shok:

KaptCrunch

you sure hell will hear the snap of the spark if was static discharaged..... most likly you jarred to card out of shocket

always after moving a case..... check that all cards are seated good

martin_metal_88

Seriously, these are myth. To be true the shock have to be a bit big so you can feel it. these day component are made good enough ( if you have good component ) to resist to esd. It can happen but it's like to have a DOA CPU, rare...really rare, kind of thing you see 1 time in a life.

Ask for more.

Sushi Warrior

The shock does NOT have to be enough to feel (or hear) it. I believe you can kill something with static with 1/3 of the discharge needed to feel it. You could have just done something wrong installing it. Is the fan spinning? Is anything beeping/flashing?

Bismac

no flashing and beeping so far though and yes its still spinning.. but does esd damage symptoms immediately be felt right away?
sorry guys im just paranoid because it a gtx 295 coop which is freaking expensive..

gingerbee

if fan is spinning but no video a lot of the time your power supply is not giving enough power on the 12v rail so no picture this is just a guess. becasue your not telling us what the problem are so far?

Latest posts

Twitter