What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

everyone, buy your 12 pin adapters now before it's too late!

JD

Staff member
Don't GPUs still include power adapters today? I swear I have a whole bunch of them...

supaflyx3

Nvidia has the new 12 pin plug on their RTX 3000 GPU's, so you may want to see what you can get for 8 + 6 to 12 adapters and such, so you're not left hanging if / when you get your new GPU and can't power it. :devilish:
The adapter is included in the retail box of 3*** series cards that use the 12 pin

sswilson

Staff member

Ah, Ok, that's not as bad as I'd imagined then. For some reason I was thinking it'd be worse than current setups, but now I see it's really no worse than the idea of a couple of 8 or 6 pin plugs for SLI.

What this will (or at least should) trigger would be observations from folks on their PSU's cables to see if they're true 8 pin cables or if they're 6+2 cables with the +2 just being tapped off of the ground wires on the 6 as opposed to being separate wires.

lowfat

Staff member
what was the answer to the question of how a 12 pin would provide more power than an 8 + 6. I recall that being mentioned somewhere but forget if I saw the clarification on that.
I don't get it either. How can a different connector allow for more current? It is still the same amount of wires.

Latest posts