What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

everything is about to get more expensive...

moocow

TFW program also don't allow you to change employers in the same field. It's way too open for abuse. As for global min. tax, let see how it goes. For all we know, they could move it to Vanuatu that's despite for investment. Could of charge 5% a year on income but repatriating that money could be a problem.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
The TFW has been ripe with abuse and 'legal but ethically wrong' aspects for years. Passports being retained by employers, employees being required to rent property from the employer, etc. Alberta's generally been the worst culprit for it

Our illustrious Alberta Premier was a big proponent of the TFW program when he was in Cabinet as Minister of Employment. He even championed a program where you could pay a TFW 85% of the minimum wage, instead of having to pay at least minimum wage, 'to help Canadians'. Fortunately that was axed after major public outrcry.
Dont kid yourself, Ontario and BC have huge amounts of TFW for the farming industry. Alberta may have been the worst for abuse of the system through metrics you're describing, but I would hazard a guess we have less workers than those two provinces, and they're not that much more ethical about abuse of them...

FreeKnight

Dont kid yourself, Ontario and BC have huge amounts of TFW for the farming industry. Alberta may have been the worst for abuse of the system through metrics you're describing, but I would hazard a guess we have less workers than those two provinces, and they're not that much more ethical about abuse of them...
Oh absolutely, I've got no illusions that we're the only offender. Farming's a pretty awful culprit, the working conditions are among some of the worst.

Latest posts

Twitter