What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Everything Nintendo DS Thread

TwystedMonkey

ok just wanted to start a thread where all the Canucks that own a DS can talk about all things dual screen in nature. It will save me mentioning it sidelong in all my other posts. I do want to let everyone know I am well aware that this could be a very lonely sojourn for me as this is a PC site forum. And a DS does pale in comparison to a PC but it does have its amazing games and I think its worth talking about. I just bought a DS lite and my first game today. I owned one in the past but due to financial constraints I had to get rid of it. So this new one is the Crimson color scheme which is Black/red. And the first game I have is Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I have read many good things about it and it sounds like so be able to play it and stay sane my IQ will have to improve.... so thats a plus I think.
One newer game I am really looking forward to getting is the remake of FF5 I really enjoyed the original and the remake looks really really well done.
Another couple of games I really want to find are the 2 Castlevania games. Though old school 2d sidescrolling I have a soft spot for vampire killing. I beleive they are Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. The new one due out in a couple of months looks really cool to Order of Excelsia. so yeah thats my starting rant I hope this thread flourishes and I really hope I am not the only adult who owns and plays on the DS.

Kayen

I have a flashcart embedded in mine.
So... i can do many many things, such as control the computer wirelessly, albeit very slowly.
It can play mp3's, read texts, heck i use it as my mobile webbrowser / mobile msn messenger too . :D
The joys of integrated wifi.
Games wise i haven't played much, i pretty much gave it to my brother who plays pokemon alot.

TwystedMonkey

Proffessor Layton is the most frustratingly good game I have played in a long time. It makes me feel like I should be getting the small bus to work everyday but I can't stop playing.

Il Duce

kinda bored of my ds but too lazy to sell it on craigslist because I'm impatient.