What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Evga 3080Ti FTW3 - Initial OC'ing Results

rjbarker

Got the EK Velocity water block installed last evening and completed my leak test overnight.

Some initial OC's started out fairly mild and pushed up to +180 Core / +1100 Memory.
I havent bothered updating vBIOS or FW ....its all stock on the Card.

Boosts to 2100 Mhz / Avg 2070 Mhz....think I have fairly decent contact on the Block, also went with Kryonaut grease (thin layer spread over die), temps Max out at 42c.
GPU-Z shows Max Power draw 422w.
9900k I have mucked with, pretty much just leave it at my 24/7 OC 5 Ghz all cores 1.295v

There is more under the hood yet, but will dial back OC's to +90 / +675 and get into a little marathon of CB77. That game certainly doesn't seem to like very high OC's at all (without crashing), from what I saw on my 3080 Card.

For initial boot up and trials happy with the results so far, didnt even bother re-installing drivers after HW swap, usually I do, but got lazy ;)

Bond007

Nice results. Keep us posted as you play!

Out of curiosity, do you just use the slider for the OC, or curve editor? I have become a huge fan of OCing nvidia cards by allowing it to do its own OC, and then modifying the curve from there. It seems to get you 90% of the way, and then just do the fine tuning for efficiency, power, max OC, etc.

rjbarker

Nice results. Keep us posted as you play!

Out of curiosity, do you just use the slider for the OC, or curve editor? I have become a huge fan of OCing nvidia cards by allowing it to do its own OC, and then modifying the curve from there. It seems to get you 90% of the way, and then just do the fine tuning for efficiency, power, max OC, etc.

From what I understand all the OC switch does is switch vBIOS to the other which has a more aggressive fan curve.....doesnt effect actual OC's, although the OC switch on the 3080Ti is supposed to allow 450w power limit...

When testing on air I found the regular bios switch provided 430w power but the OC switch would only go to 400w....go figure.
I also read that what GPU-Z is reporting as power consumption is less than actual.

I was just playing some CB77 and RDR2, all seems good....temps and Boosts etc...
I certainly would not recomend going from 3080 to 3080Ti (although we all know that ;) ) ....but couldnt resist when I saw it available at MSRP...will be skipping the 40xx series Cards anyhow.

Bond007

From what I understand all the OC switch does is switch vBIOS to the other which has a more aggressive fan curve.....doesnt effect actual OC's, although the OC switch on the 3080Ti is supposed to allow 450w power limit...

When testing on air I found the regular bios switch provided 430w power but the OC switch would only go to 400w....go figure.
I also read that what GPU-Z is reporting as power consumption is less than actual.

I was just playing some CB77 and RDR2, all seems good....temps and Boosts etc...
I certainly would not recomend going from 3080 to 3080Ti (although we all know that ;) ) ....but couldnt resist when I saw it available at MSRP...will be skipping the 40xx series Cards anyhow.
I didn’t even think of the card having a switch with what I wrote, but that is interesting as well. I was referring to OC scanner and curve profile editor in afterburner/precision vs just sliding the freq up.

rjbarker

I've just put a 3080 TUF in my system last night. Beast of a card.

Yes they certainly are...my 3080 FTW3 I had in my system was pretty impressive with the OC's....as was expected, in real world gaming little noticeable gains going from non Ti to Ti versions......I think its fair to say we will be able to hang onto these Cards until RTX 50xx Series ;)

rjbarker

I didn’t even think of the card having a switch with what I wrote, but that is interesting as well. I was referring to OC scanner and curve profile editor in afterburner/precision vs just sliding the freq up.

Yeah misunderstood you....no I dont play around with curves in ab ,,,,,thought you were talking about the manual dual bios switch on the card ;)

In afterburner I generally just hit these steps:
- power limit all the way to the right
- initially leave voltage at stock (havent bothered under volting).
- slide up core n memory n test
monitor temps n boost speed, what boost speed it can maintain for lobger periods of time....etc....

rjbarker

So far I finally hit "hard lock wall", didnt crash though (able to get to desktop) at +190 / +1300....although I hadnt tried adding any Voltage yet.....
Need a night of rum to see if I can get past 15K in PR ;)

Twitter