What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Evga Classified Boot Problems

rjbarker

I can't remeber off hand as I'm not in front of my Rig (been away from it for almost a month)...if yuor trying to utilze the "Red Colored" SATA Ports on the board...these are referred to as the ...shit...can't remeber...JMc or something like that....you have to ensure that these are "enabled" in the BIOS...NCIX may have "disabled" it to allow for speedier Boot up..I'm just downloading the Manual..I'll tell you in a minute exctly what its called and where in the BIOS to ensure they're enabled.....if your using the "Black Colored" SATA ports it doesn't matter..

I believe the Red Sata Ports are called the
JMicron JMB363 chip. (Ports 8 & 9).........if you use them..ensure they are "enabled" in BIOS...
I don't use em...so have em "disabled" to speed up Boot time

Just re-read your first Post...also ensure that your disc Drive is set to the Primary Boot Devide (also in BIOS) and yes..holding the Delte key down while posting will take you into the BIOS.

Thats the "plus" with building yourself, especially high end Boards...you know exactly which SATA ports all of your devices are plugged into, as well as getting familiar with your BIOS.
Good luck :thumb:

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
My Classified is right in front of me. You want your boot drive in the black Sata ports immediately beside the red ones. That's Sata 0/1. It says it in very tiny letters on the PCB.

Is the drive visible in the BIOS? It should show in the Standard CMOS Features. Page 48 in your manual. Check the boot settings, make sure the drive priority is set correctly. Page 52. It's possible to set it so that it only checks the DVD and never goes to the HDD at boot. If none of this works, use the CLEAR CMOS button, and load defaults in the BIOS.

rjbarker

Sugar...I'll be back in front of mine in 4 more days....:bananafunky:

Yes...when all else fails "Clear CMOS".(little red button on the back, push and hold while Rig is "shut down")....think the last time I had to do this (a very long time ago) I found out it was best to "Clear CMOS" with the Power shut off to the Mobo via the PSU switch.(correct me if I'm wrong)...load defaults in BIOS (Select and Save F10)

Goalieman077

hmm its weird it ends up my windows 7 burned dvd does work so I installed. only thing is it still has that same error. but then it goes to boot from cd and it doesn't boot from cd since nothings in there and it goes to windows 7! also I can't get into bios I hold delete key but it seems to skip the stage in which I can enter

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Watch the boot indicator LED. As soon as it hits 25, start hitting delete. And honestly, I'd clear the CMOS now anyway, then it should go back to the normal boot order. You're not overclocked, you won't lose anything important in the bios, and the default settings will probably work better for you until you make your own changes.

Goalieman077

I overclocked it a bit but no big deal anyway having crappy temps anyway. I just paid a bit more attention to loading and it says jmicron pci-sata raid controller no drives found then it goes through sum code and boots to my hd. I looked into bios and everything was IDE nothing raid.

rjbarker

overclocked it a bit but no big deal anyway having crappy temps anyway. I just paid a bit more attention to loading and it says jmicron pci-sata raid controller no drives found then it goes through sum code and boots to my hd. I looked into bios and everything was IDE nothing raid.

These are the "Red Colored" SATA Ports I was referring to earlier...you must not have anything plugged into these (which is fine)....it is safe to disable those in BIOS, then you will not go thru that portion of the Boot Screen.

Latest posts