What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA LGA 3647 Mobo Images Leak

Babrbarossa

That's kind of exciting - makes me sentimental for the 680i days. Looks like it's set up for some neat cooling solutions - having the RAM jammed up on either side of the CPU socket suggests watercooling or some other proprietary cooling for that motherboard? Not too friendly for many aftermarket coolers. On the other hand, people spending top dollars nowadays are buying the all-in-one WC units which would fit fine I guess.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
That's kind of exciting - makes me sentimental for the 680i days. Looks like it's set up for some neat cooling solutions - having the RAM jammed up on either side of the CPU socket suggests watercooling or some other proprietary cooling for that motherboard? Not too friendly for many aftermarket coolers. On the other hand, people spending top dollars nowadays are buying the all-in-one WC units which would fit fine I guess.

I don't see why a regular cooler won't work...same socket, just swiveled 90 degrees. the RAM is swiveled as well, so there should be no spacing issues but for the HSF that are known to be short and incompatible with RAM that have tall heatspreaders.

Babrbarossa

I guess I'm just not used to looking at a large socket like that - on the 1150, there is about an inch clearance outside the chipset

This is the first I've heard of LGA 3647 - I guess it's probably strictly an enterprise socket so if that's the case, I suppose cooling will probably going to be pretty utilitarian

Last edited:

Latest posts