What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA Nu Audio soundcard

Signal2Noise

I just took receipt of this (pro-tip: if you live in Canada do NOT buy direct from EVGA! Lol.). Haven't installed into my recent new build yet which will be the plan some time today. I am curious if anyone else uses it?

https://www.evga.com/Concept/product_NUAudio.asp

I do have offboard USB DAC/Amps in my audio collection but I'm also a sucker for new computer stuff. I do have an ASUS Xonar Essence STX in an older rig which has been great over the years although drivers were hit & miss with each Windows OS release/updates. I'm curious to hear how this fresh Nu Audio compares.

I only have really old Logitech Z2300 2.1 speakers to use so I think it might be time to upgrade to something else as well.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I just upgraded to a pair of 598 SE from a pair of turtle beach p12s lol I was looking at this card to drive these new cans but was waiting to see how driver situation would be. As most seem to be EOL after the product is launched.

b1lk1

Z2300 was alright back in the day, you definitely need a serious upgrade. Lot's of 2.0/2.1 systems out there now with serious performance, although they do get spendy.

I built a stereo system just for my PC but that can get spendy too, lol. My soundcard is more of an internal DAC and I send an untouched analog signal to my power amp and do the tone controls with an external EQ as well. I have no use for headphones so that stuff is wasted on me, if you need that then a good soundcard will make the difference.

KaptCrunch

or use MB optical to a home theater receiver for headset use adapter 1/8 to 1/4 phone plug

Izerous

Folding Team
One oddity i see about that sound card is the fact it uses a SATA power adapter... the pheobus takes a 6 pin I would have expected that to be more common route for future sound cards that suck extra power.

Signal2Noise

Z2300 was alright back in the day, you definitely need a serious upgrade. Lot's of 2.0/2.1 systems out there now with serious performance, although they do get spendy.

I've narrowed down my speaker choices to:

Vanatoo Transparent Zero (with sub ???)
Kanto YU4 with Sub6

Initial impressions of the Nu Audio are good. Definitely an upgrade from the ESS onboard audio chip of the mobo, with more audio impact and presence. Hard to determine if there is any real difference from the STX card.