What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA P67 Classified Motherboard Spotted

FiXT

Hall of Fame
EVGA's Classified series boards have always been the premier products in the companies line, but the recently spotted EVGA P67 LGA-1155 Classified motherboard appears to be on a whole new level of awesome. The Sandy Bridge board is ready for anything and everything, geared towards the hardcore enthusiast with dual 8-pin CPU power plugs, a 12-phase... [ Read full article ]

ottoyu34

Really nice layout, such as the dual 8pin placement and a rotated 24pin connector.
But the Classified logo on the SB looks a bit cheap.
otherwise, it looks awesome.

_dangtx_

Banned
actually if you have a big cooler itll be quite hard to get at them, but its good that theyre not in the middle of the whole thing..

lets see where they put the extra molex for power ;)

MpG

The angled 24-pin is nice, hope it becomes a trend in other boards. Would have liked to see UEFI as a feature, but I guess it's still in early stages of adoption for PC. Also looks a little light on heatsinking, considering that earlier Classifieds tended to get hot in that area once you turned up the frequency. Is EVGA sticking with the digital VRM's for it's classified models? Or is the increase in phases because they're going down to analog.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Should I be surprised that they've made a "Classified" board for P67? I would have thought they would reserve the Classy for X68...

EVGA made a P55 Classified as well as the X58. It's kind of their "Super Ultimate" brand now, like ASUS Republic of Gamers boards.

The angled 24-pin is nice, hope it becomes a trend in other boards. Would have liked to see UEFI as a feature, but I guess it's still in early stages of adoption for PC. Also looks a little light on heatsinking, considering that earlier Classifieds tended to get hot in that area once you turned up the frequency. Is EVGA sticking with the digital VRM's for it's classified models? Or is the increase in phases because they're going down to analog.

Is it not UEFI? Every other P67 board I've seen is UEFI in the specs, and I thought it was a requirement for the chipset.