What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Evga RMA Service - RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

rjbarker

Just a heads up....for folks on here ....entire process from the time I shipped the defective Card until received a replacement at my door was exactly 9 days (total not business).

Dont bother even considering Purolator, Fedex or UPS for shipping to Brea, you will get lost in the Customs paperwork those carriers require and you will blow a gasket when you see the cost (I was quoted $250 CDN).

Go thru Canada Post, just go to the CP website, go to International Shipping and there will be a very simple PDF to fill out for Customs. Fill it out and click the link, you will then be directed to a completed Customs form with a bar code, simply print it and take it to the nearest Post Office.
They will scan the bar code, thats it, $97 Express Shipping, Vancouver Isle to Brea, Cal was exactly 5 days, painless!

RMA replacement came in a decent Evga generic box (not the original retail box, was properly packed in anti static bag), obviously no accessories.

No additional Customs or Brokerage fees associated and in fact was only 3 business days from the time it left Brea Cal to my door in Courtenay, BC
Shipping went Brea, Cal to Dallas, Texas to Vancouver BC to me, cleared customs in Richmond in 1 working day (or less).

Card looks ok visually, definitely used, but the only way to tell is the screw marks on the mounting bracket at the end of the Card and of course no plastic film on anything, other than that looks great.

Tomorrow I will pop it in another "test rig" I have and ensure it boots up and runs fine.
Unfortunately I have to go back to work for a month (away) so will have to wait until I get back to re-install the Vector Block....I am curious to see if there is any "signs of repair" on the PCB when I disassemble it.

Cheers

Dwayne

Thanks for the update on your RMA experience. I have been an eVGA fan for a long time now, and never needed to RMA a MB or Video card yet (knocking on wood). But, if needed, it is good to know how painless that process was for you, shipping excepted.

rjbarker

The only painful part Dwayne was the useless Manager in Staples (Purolator, Fedex and UPS pick-up / drop-off location), no assistance, no help, no advice, just "we wont take it without 3 copies of all the paperwork"..and then walked away.....I mean you would at the very least, think he would either have a suitable list of the documents required or direct people to Canada Post....

ottoyu34

Thanks for the Great info brother, definitely sucks to have any card die, let alone an expensive one.

Just curious, what happened to the defective card?

rjbarker

Thanks for the Great info brother, definitely sucks to have any card die, let alone an expensive one.

Just curious, what happened to the defective card?

Not sure...couple of hard crashes one day....next day a couple of failed boot sequences "Code 97" (Graphics Input related), then the following day during the boot sequence heard a small "pop" from the Card followed by fixed red LED over top of one of the PCI-E power connectors.
No visual damage on the Card when I replaced the Water Block for Stock cooler to RMA.

Seems this is a common problem on all Evga 30xx FTW3 series....especially 3090's, but also seeing the same issues on 3080 n 3080Ti's.

Will test the replacement Card today.

Latest posts