What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W

Gonzo

Is the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W a good power supply. I am considering purchasing it to replace a Thermaltake TR2 RX that just blew after 4 years. Any input would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Vittra

Is it really the G1? The G2 was already replaced by the G3, so it seems unusual you'd be considering the G1 unless this is all that's available in your specific region?

The G1 was rated well, but the G2/G3 and P2 lines are rated so highly they achieve nearly perfect scores.

G1 - EVGA NEX650G (G1) 650W Review
G2 - EVGA Supernova G2 650W Review
G3 (750w) - EVGA Supernova G3 750W Review

One change from G2 to G3 was a standardized 150mm length - and that's across the range.

Gonzo

Is it really the G1? The G2 was already replaced by the G3, so it seems unusual you'd be considering the G1 unless this is all that's available in your specific region?

The G1 was rated well, but the G2/G3 and P2 lines are rated so highly they achieve nearly perfect scores.

G1 - EVGA NEX650G (G1) 650W Review
G2 - EVGA Supernova G2 650W Review
G3 (750w) - EVGA Supernova G3 750W Review

One change from G2 to G3 was a standardized 150mm length - and that's across the range.

Went with the G2. Thanks for all your help.

D

Dark Knight

Good call. G1 was ok. G2 and G3 are excellent.

I think only the P2/T2 lineup is worthwhile from EVGA. The G2/G3 lineup use non-100% Japanese capacitors even on the secondaries and claim it to be 100% while using Chinese/Taiwanese capacitors. Sure for some that's a non-issue but if you claim 100% and have Chinese/Taiwanese on the secondary it's misleading advertising. If I was to buy an EVGA power supply (which I will) I'd only buy a P2/T2. G3 is okay but it's overpriced even on the used market. I'm not singling out EVGA (or their Superflower OEM) as Corsair does the same thing with their AX1200i/AX1500i (capacitor lottery) and I'd rather deal with EVGA for their warranty than Corsair (with their strict warranty requirements).

Last edited:

Latest posts