What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA Unveils GeForce GTX 460 2Win Dual-GPU Surprise

JayDeeHobbit

I hope Sky can get a review of this up.
I have 7 days left to step-up and since my GTX 570 is gettting errors while folding (and an RMA was denied as folding is the only problem it has) a step-up to this might be a good route.

mattlef

With EVGA saying it performs on par, or better than the GTX 580, while providing surround and 3d.... this card could be a winner for those who want a "single card solution" like myself.
Plus, if you check the PCB on EVGA's website.... it looks like there is an SLI connector...... so possible Quad 460's? hmmm

I'd love to see this priced around $350 if so, id make the latteral move from a 4slot 460 SLI to a single card solution.

U

Unregistered

You can have two 460GTX MSI cyclone for around 240$+ taxes. I don't see this being more than 270$ or it would rather be a waste of money IMO.

Soultribunal

Staff member
It cannot be SLI'd , they were produced too fast and it never got removed (the sli connector).

That being said this is a great option for those who prefer nVidia and have an AMD rig.

Which is where I sit right now.

ST

Kalec

I'm interested on the performance on these. I have a 5870 right now, and was planning on getting another one. But some game I play dont like crossfire very well. Wonder how much power will be needed to run this card. EVGA site says 700w???

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm interested on the performance on these. I have a 5870 right now, and was planning on getting another one. But some game I play dont like crossfire very well. Wonder how much power will be needed to run this card. EVGA site says 700w???

Yeah but look at the system they are running, 990X etc etc.

In all honestly a solid 600W will run your whole system no problem.

ST

S

Sylak

Damn, that will make me want to change My MSI 460 Hawk... i wanted a MSI 560 oc, but now... 11.5inch
a little bit long. i like shorter card.

Latest posts