What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA X570 Dark EVGA Goes AMD

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Man, if this had of been out a year ago I woulda been all over it. Pritty late to the game at this stage...although that BIOS. Ohmygod...🤤

Lysrin

I was looking at that on the EVGA site last week. It's a fantastic looking and feature-full board. Way more than I would ever use. And the price... eek.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I was looking at that on the EVGA site last week. It's a fantastic looking and feature-full board. Way more than I would ever use. And the price... eek.
There are several boards in the same range. The GODLIKE board for example is $700. Definitely an eek, and I'd say that 95%+ of the people that buy this board wont be using it for its intended purpose (XOC).

JD

Staff member
I suspect it's more of a statement for EVGA to say "look, we are doing AMD motherboards now, give us a shot next-gen". Probably the majority of boards have already been given out, I'm guessing only a few will exist in the retail channel.

I would think most people that wanted onto AM4 have already done so at this point, and wouldn't "upgrade" their motherboard this late into the lifecycle. The rest will hold out for AM5?

Lysrin

I would think most people that wanted onto AM4 have already done so at this point, and wouldn't "upgrade" their motherboard this late into the lifecycle. The rest will hold out for AM5?
Well... I'm still toying with the idea ;) I keep putting a 5900X and motherboard in my cart at whatever site has the current sale, and then taking it out again lol It's the most dithering I have ever done on an upgrade! The chip price increase rumours keeps me going back but I haven't done it yet.

And exactly @Sagath I'd be one of those 95%+ folks if I bought a board like that. It'd be nice if they brought that same layout and look to cheaper motherboards in their line. I really like it.

rjbarker

I used to purchase Evga Boards up until the X79 Classified issues (went with Asus RIVE at that point)....have never looked back at Evga Boards since...they make great GPU's .....but for Mobo I'll stick to Asus, perhaps the "Darks" are better then the way the Classifieds went.....

Shadowarez

Folding Team
these currently selling for more the Asus Dark Hero x570 have 2 memory slots rotated with socket. but i have bitter feelings bout them since the x299 Dark cmos issues. and triple bios's that failed to point had to desolder/resolder. wish id known before i went and waited like a derp for the Asus Dark Hero this ones bios looks sick it might have been able to hit 2000mhz.

Latest posts