What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA X58 SLI Review Comment Thread

3oh6

1/ nothing really important that i can think of...shouldn't have any problems powering up with 3 sticks of memory for the first time either.
2/ the package drivers are all i have used...and the stock BIOS should be fine, but you will want to update the BIOS as the newer ones offer plenty.
3/ No idea about HP, but Vista Premium 64-bit is what i have spent the majority of my time in with this board.

standard rules do apply though, if you have issues from the get go, simplify the system by removing un-necessary hardware. i honestly had a breeze of a time with the EVGA board but with that said, i don't have trouble with many setups. user error or in-experience can be accounted for a lot of the issues you see in a manufacturers support forum. if you know what you are doing, you should be fine with this board...its a piece of cake.

3oh6

more madness with the EVGA X58 SLI...anyone looking for 230BCLK+???

sure it was with a single stage phase change but now that i know the secrets for high BCLK on this board, i might just try on air to see what i can manage.

click for CPU-Z validation page...

and of course some 1M action at 231BCLK. i tried 32M at the exact same settings and it froze on the 11th loop. i am thinking i should be able to bench 32M at 230BCLK with a little effort.

click for full size including voltages and Everest...

Latest posts

Twitter