What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA X79 board with 8 DIMMS?

dlactin2408

Well just more for future upgrades, I would like to have the option. I work in IT and like to play around a few virtual server/windows clients so its nice to have some extra ram to allocate to those virtual clients. 16GB will be lots but you never know!

Soultribunal

Staff member
Well just more for future upgrades, I would like to have the option. I work in IT and like to play around a few virtual server/windows clients so its nice to have some extra ram to allocate to those virtual clients. 16GB will be lots but you never know!

But you can still get 8GB modules and go for 32GB on 4 slot boards. DDR3 is cheap. 160 would get you that 32GB.

My thoughts,

ST

Eldonko

8GB modules are a fortune compared to 4GB ($600+ vs $160) so I dont recommend buying a board that has 4 dimms if you want to run 32GB. What's the point when you can get a 8 dimm board for the same price.

Twitter