What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Experience With Racing Wheels

GregoireA

Anyone have any real experience with a variety of gaming/racing wheels?

I'm tempted to make the jump to a low-end fanatec(CSL ps4) but am a bit concerned about spending 4 times as much on something that I have no idea how it will feel or perform. Personally I have owned several Logitech's and tried out one thrustmaster, the T300 RS. The thrustmaster was the most expensive I have ever owned. It was around $400 at the time and I was incredibly disappointed by the quality and performance.
Let me know if you have any long term experience with sim-quality wheels, or if you know someone else who is dumb enough to spend as much as a cheap car on a fake car wheel.
Thanks

Coach

I cannot help but to say that I own three G27. I would like to know what a better wheel and pedals is like so I will be watching this thread.

IMO G27 is a good starting point.

GregoireA

I concur. I ran a G27 playing GT5 and GT6 for several years and thousands of virtual miles and never had an issue. I just sold it this spring for more than I bought it for.

GregoireA

Screw it, I'll treat myself this winter. CSL PS4 edition with CS Load cell pedal on the way. I hope I don't need to pay customs.
I will be sure to update with first impressions and long term assessment.

Izerous

Folding Team
My last racing wheel was a logi driving force gt (the special edition gran turismo wheel). Honestly I wanted to love it but I could never figure out how to make it comfortable to use. My desk, TV etc none of them were quite right for mounting too high, too low etc. The simple +/- shifting also took some feel out of it.

Because I have gutted my 2004 Outlander's cloth interior and replaced the whole thing with I was seriously considering taking one of the cloth seats and making a little racing station but I honestly don't play enough racing games any more to justify having yet another thing sitting around especially as big and bulky as that. However since I was able to expense a quest 2 for development purposes and some personal use could do it again but use the quest instead of a TV/monitor making it a lot smaller.

okonomi

i will say if you order fanatec pedals, make sure you add in the pedals to that you get the $29 discount. the default bundle only discounts it $10.

my rig is on the way will report back to let you know. csl elite, p1 xbox wheel, standard pedals with loadcell brake add on. Logitech shifter with an O-ring sequential mod and amazon 16bit handbrake. using the gt omega stand.

i'd say the shifter/handbrake from fanatec is not worth it since you can use the logitech and the O-ring mod for like $80-85 compared to the $200+ fanatec.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I've got a G920 and have had older Thrustmaster wheels as well, it's pretty good for what it is, but until i get the chance to feel what a properly configured fanatec setup is like in a driving game I know, i went risk the buy.

My view is, no matter how good the sim it'll always be a static or semi-static seat looking at a screen. No road feel, no g forces, etc. So to justify spending so much more on a very high end setup, I'd need to know that - at very least - it feels far far better and makes my driving better.

0.02$.

GregoireA

I've got a G920 and have had older Thrustmaster wheels as well, it's pretty good for what it is, but until i get the chance to feel what a properly configured fanatec setup is like in a driving game I know, i went risk the buy.

My view is, no matter how good the sim it'll always be a static or semi-static seat looking at a screen. No road feel, no g forces, etc. So to justify spending so much more on a very high end setup, I'd need to know that - at very least - it feels far far better and makes my driving better.

0.02$.
Very much in the same boat. I'm hoping that it will no longer feel like a toy. Hell, at 1100CAD starting price it better not feel like a toy.

Latest posts

Twitter