What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Experience With Racing Wheels

GregoireA

I got a reply from Fanatec. They sent a pdf that shows precisely what they want you to clean with compressed air.
They mentioned that if the issue comes back then they will send a replacement potentiometer.
On average their response time to emails was about 2 days.

Having recently used a G29 at a friends house I can now say this is one of those things that once you have used it you will never be able to go back.
The G29 feels so weak, clunky, and grainy in comparison.

fitbrit

Just an FYI, a friend of mine bought a generic USB handbrake from AliExpress and he's really happy with it. It was about $80 but took about a month to come. The same models got for about $120 on Amazon, with possibly more buyer security and shorter shipping times. I'll get one eventually.

GregoireA

Just an FYI, a friend of mine bought a generic USB handbrake from AliExpress and he's really happy with it. It was about $80 but took about a month to come. The same models got for about $120 on Amazon, with possibly more buyer security and shorter shipping times. I'll get one eventually.
I've been getting ads for that sort of thing. When I think of using a handbrake in real life or in a game it really only needs to be in two states: fully on or fully off(unless I've been doing things wrong).
Those cheap ones look good because they look like they are built strong enough to take the unreasonable force most of us would put on the lever.

fitbrit

I've been getting ads for that sort of thing. When I think of using a handbrake in real life or in a game it really only needs to be in two states: fully on or fully off(unless I've been doing things wrong).
Those cheap ones look good because they look like they are built strong enough to take the unreasonable force most of us would put on the lever.
I mainly drive rally simulations, and you do most definitely need to use the handbrake with more nuance than just on or off.

Latest posts

Twitter