What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

[EXPIRED] Hot! Feser One X-360 for only $99.99 @ NCIX

miggs78

Based on NCIX forums, 17mm seems pretty certain. Guess I'll have to pass this time around. Got myself one of the new XSPC rads, but it seems the first batch had QC issues, and the fan holes are out of alignment. And any RMA-ing I do will involve x-border shipping.
Well S_g, tells you much I presume. He probably got it on the other side of the border. :thumb:

MpG

Yeah, grabbed it from Jab-tech. Apparently, the kiln process warped the sides of the rad just enough that the fan holes are 106mm apart, instead of the proper 105mm. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes fans pretty much impossible to properly mount. And judging from how the tissue paper wrapping was trying to stick, the paint was just slightly tacky when they packaged it. Could definitely smell it when I opened the box.

miggs78

Lemme ask one thing MpG ^^.. The Feser rads have 2 kinds with 2 different kinds of spacing. Why is it that people are avoiding the 17mm spacing rads, like is there any flaw or something.

I know they are expensive, but it tempts me to buy a Feser rad, Imo I guess a feser dual rad would be equal to a swiftech mcr 220, and couple of rad roundups on the net had the feser take the best rad in the market award.

But really, like any probs? would like to know. Thanks

MpG

No problems that I've heard of.

It's not that there's anything wrong with 17mm spacing (i.e. the much-loved Thermochill radiators use a ~25mm spacing), but the 15mm spacing offers a few advantages. Firstly, 15mm spacing puts the fans exactly flush next to each other, so that no sealing/shrouding is needed to make sure the fan airflow is all forced through the radiator fins. Secondly, there are a number of cases out there that are setup to incorporate triple rads (i.e. some Coolermaster cases, MM cases), BUT they're cut for 15mm spacing. Second-and-a-halfly, 15mm spacing is slowly turning into an industry standard, kind of like g1/4 fittings, as companies like Swiftech, HWL, Magicool, etc, all use that spacing. So that gives you the option of easily switching radiators in the future.

But if you were just hanging the rad off the back, the spacing is largely irrelevant. And by all appearances, the Feser rads probably edge out the Swiftech offering (although it'd be a pretty small difference). The biggest advantages would be the very low pressure drop, and the copper tubing (most rads so far actually use brass tubing).

miggs78

Lots of useful information, appreciate your explanations MpG :thumb:

I do intend to use a HAF 932 soon, so the 17mm spacing might not be good, maybe Swiftech would be good as you say, seen a lot of people using it and pretty good temps/results.

Eatstone

Ive got a Haf 932 with a Mcr 320 rad in the top. Fit is perfect and Im quite happy with the performance.