What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

External Hard Drive

Randyman

Can any of you folks suggest a good External Hard Drive I don't emagine I'll need more than 1Tb.
Should I go with Sata or USB?
I'm running xp 32bit and will have to back everything up so I can do a clean install with Win 7 64bit.
Thank you.

G

I would grab a Vantec encloser and 1tb WD. Green or blue for storage, Black if your going to be using it everyday.

Go E-Sata way faster and supports AHCI/RAID

Randyman

Will this work?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vantec Nexstar 3 Black Aluminum 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive Enclosure eSATA USB2.0 Firewire IEEE1394 [/FONT]
28367_1.jpg

Actual product may not be exactly as shown.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
space.gif
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<A href="http://ncix.com/go/?expressshipping" target=_blank>
btn_expresshipping_products.gif
[/FONT]
Reg. Price:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$63.21[/FONT] CA

Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 4.2MS 32MB 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM (WD1001FALS)
$10.00 Instant Rebate! Special price of $119.97 AFTER Instant Rebate (expires 10/27/09). Instant rebates are limited in quantity and may change without prior notice.
img_stars_4.5.gif
216 Customer Reviews

Sorry I'm not sure which WD drive to use.
Do I have to Connect this to the motherboard first to format it or is there software with the enclosure?

Last edited:
G

That enclosure is fine.

What will be the use of the drive? Just Backups and storage?

Latest posts