What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Extra set of Hyperglide mouse skates for review

Pelt

Last year I made a comment about Hyperglide mouse skates in another thread, my comment was that they were not a recommended buy because they wore out to quickly. Recently I re-ordered another set of Hyperglide skates because I can't find G9 replacement mouse feet anwhere else.

The other reason I've decided to give them another chance is because I'm using a new mouse pad. Previously I had been using a Razer Destructor pad, nice pad but it eats up mice feet quickly even the stock replacement pads I got off ebay only lasted a month longer than the hyperglides. So in the interest of fairness I've decided to give Hyperglide another go and a proper review.

Getting to the threads title. Hyperglide sent me the wrong skates for my G9 they sent me skates for a Logitech MX518. So if you have a MX518 and are willing to submit to me your experience with them for the review and you are the first person to PM me with your address they are your's free of charge.

I will say one good thing about Hyperglide now though their customer service is quite good for a small company located in Asia. After I recieved the wrong order I fully expected to get the run around or recieve no answers to my emails, I was wrong. They responded quickly and my order was mailed out quickly, I should get them sometime this week.

Pelt

One last thing the person who recieves the MX518 skates will hopefully be a HWC regular so that I can be sure to get his/her results for the review.

Perineum

I have an MX500, that compatible?

I need a better mouse I think. I'm starting to see the DPI issue when playing first person shooters now. I have the sensitivity up so high I can't seem to precisely put my crosshairs on someone's forehead too well :thumb:

YukonTrooper

I could do it. I have a traditional MX518 with the five smaller skates, as well as the newer design with the larger skates. I'm also using a high-performance Func Industries Surface 1030 Archetype mousepad with rough and smooth textured sides. Furthermore, I could compare the Hyperglides to what I've found the best option for skates: Teflon tape sold specifically for mouse-feet from some guy off eBay over a year ago. I came across these in my search for replacement BFG Teflon tape for the exact same application, as BFG had discontinued them at some point. I purchased about five strips of the stuff for about five bucks and I'm still only on the second strip. All I do is cut a small rectangle for each foot and replace them separately as they start to wear down and eventually tear. With this procedure, my mouse-feet haven't seen a single scratch of wear. Unfortunately, Logitech decided to go to the larger feet (although you could just cut a large strip off for the larger mouse-feet, but you'd run through the stuff a lot quicker), so I hope the MX518 I'm using now lasts some time. The one with larger feet that I have is a replacement for an MX518 that died on me sometime late last year.

EDIT: I just went snoopin' and I have a bit of the BFG stuff left. I could do a three-way comparison.

Last edited:

Pelt

The skates appear to be of the smaller variety for the MX518. I'm going to mail them out to YukonTrooper he seems equipped to do a good review. His results cross referenced with mine should provide a good idea of the quality of this product.

mo' power

Darn! missed out on this. I remeber asking for suggestions for replacement feet for my mx-518. I went with the slicksurf mouse feet. BTW, they're great! I'm using them on an Xtrac mousepad. A little pledge polish and this thing is slicker than snot!

Inik

Folding Team
My new g9 skates are still in great shape. I have nothing to compared them to, because it's the first time I changed my mouse's skates. I still like them tho

Latest posts

Twitter