What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

F**k Hard drives.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Say goodbye to the last bottleneck in your system, and the last moving parts. Hard disks need to go the way of punch cards.

I have an x25m intel 80gb ssd installed on a clients desktop workstation here, what an amazing difference. So snappy, can't wait to get 3 in Raid0 at home.

I'm going to test and qualify it and spec ssd's for the 85 new computers they are rolling out in jan/2010. Perfect for a server environment were nothing is stored on the desktop.

Chilly

Someone want to send me a free Intel X25M 80GB SSD? Anyone at all? No? Damn.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I was playing with this one at home yesterday before I brought it in. Aligned the partition and installed a game on it. I don't think I ever saw a load screen. Or a hitch in the action.

Arinoth

Staff member
I'd love to pick one up, but can't justify the cost for it right now, though i may be picking up another 1.5 TB blasphemy style HDD shortly so i can run raid 1 for my nas

bissa

once I can afford it, I want 4 64GB SSDs in raid 10 for boot and games, along with 2 1TB regular drives in raid 1 for my movies and music.

Twitter