What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

F**k Hard drives.

bissa

I have heard similar, my guess is that it is true since it is almost intantanious search so it wouldent matter if it was fragmented anyways.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Will be going this route this xmas season most likely. I am set on an i7 upgrade now, even though the ssd upgrade would probably make my system feel faster than a new platform or cpu.

Capacities will be higher, firmware will mature a little more, and prices will fall by then. Improvements like this are always happening in the pc biz of course; its just that the ssd tech is taking leaps much faster right now, so xmas seems right for me. Pretty exciting tech for sure.

DarKStar

LOL - actually hard drives are still useful - I'll pass on SSD for now - it needs to be perfected and certain things sorted out - 80 GB is nothing - For people working in video editing, graphics, rendering, production, audio who work with huge files and need storage, 80GB won't cut it - unless they start making 500GB, and 1 TB SSDs - but I'm thinking of how many HDDs I can buy with the price of 1 SSD - when I buy HDDs now they are so cheap that I buy them in pairs or more and use those as 1:1 backups.

rjbarker

I keep coming sooooo close to pulling the Trigger on that GSkill Falcon 64 GB to replace my Raptor 74 GB......to be honest, I'm dreading the whole "re-install" of the OS and "everything" else....

bissa

When I was on a computer based school trip, we went to an animation studio (I signed a non discloser pact so I cant name it) and their rendering farm had 10 terrabytes of 64GB SSDs mounted in racks in a server room that we got to tour.

gingerbee

after abusing all my warps there was a slight slow down so i ran diskeepers hyperfast and there back to full speed works well

Latest posts