What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

FaHMON: Cannot Connect To Server

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Guys, I am trying to get an accurate representation of the PPD production for a few of the GPUs I have here but with the newest Nvidia WHQL drivers I seem to be running into an issue with FaHMON.

Basically, when I open up the program it gives me an error message stating that it cannot connector to the server.

After I press Ok, it shows my current GPU-2 core folding along with the percentage complete without an issue. However, on the right the Core area and ETA are listed as Unknown and there is no PPD readout.

Any idea what is going on? :blarg:

chrisk

Folding Captain
I was getting a "cannot connect to server" yesterday over and over. I deleted the core only and it downloaded a new one and then it got running again. To be honest I am not sure why it worked though but worth a try when your card has finished any WUs and sent them in.

Prof. Dr. Silver

Website
www.beijer.ca
It happens sometimes that FahMon is not capable of getting the right information on the current work unit... just let it finish, as it still might pick up the info later on! With those fast new cards you have there...that should be shortly... lol

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Seems to take me about 90 minutes to finish a 345 point WU with the new GTX 285 and I went through one yesterday without FaHMON picking anything up. Even reloading and properly deleting the GPU-2 application didn't help.

That is why I am scratching my head...

Prof. Dr. Silver

Website
www.beijer.ca
Seems to take me about 90 minutes to finish a 345 point WU with the new GTX 285 and I went through one yesterday without FaHMON picking anything up. Even reloading and properly deleting the GPU-2 application didn't help.

90 Minutes sounds about right to me, compared somewhat to my 9800 GX2. Does your FahMon log (F8) give you any other errors

LCB001

That's strange, I've never heard of a 345 point Nvidia WU unless its new. They should be either 480, 384, 511 or 353 points. The [email protected] project chart does not list a 345pt WU for any client. Wish I could help more, but I use Fahspy not FahMon...

Edit/ Do you have a project # for that 345pt WU?...

Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain

Alwaysrun

90 mins for 345 point WU. Yikes it's the 511's evil step mother on roids. And on a spank'n new GTX 285 no less. :sad: I've yet to be blessed with that hideous WU.. ick! :doh:

Twitter