What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fallout: New Vegas

TimTheEnchanter

Should not have gone north like they told you to :p

I went where i had to, i just got unlucky. Anyway, that's the only time i had to use the console command : kill.

And by the way i've had ZERO bugs yet. Now level 12.

YoungMan

Nah, I would suggest you wait for a while before buying it. I, like others, am experiencing random crashes and glitches. But due to the decent autosave system, it doesn't ruin you too much. Still plenty of bugs and improvements to be made. Will definitely be cheaper later on as well.
You can always YARGH it for a while if you really want to try it.

n-sanity

Strange, people seem to either bug out or be completely bug free. I'm of the latter category, even with aging hardware, and am enjoying this far more than fallout 3. Great story, good missions and companion stories. Better weapons too :]

Be sure to grab the beginning perk that makes all sorts of desert oddities and weirdness come-out; its useless for gameplay, but trips your out from time to time, them folks sure have a sense of humour. Makes it very jim-morrison-y. Wish i could change the radio music and put some of "the doors" on, would go well w/ the game.

Deeival

Did anyone else get bad fps at the Boomer Air Base? Pretty much anywhere but there I get steady 60.

lowfat

Staff member
So I am now only using one videocard, and i am completely bug free. :shok:

Haven't had a single crash or hickup in the past 20 hours of playing. One weird thing is that my GPU usage only hangs around 30% but yet the game doesn't run incredibly smooth or anything. I have been able to run my folding@home GPU client while playing the game.

Jackquelegs

So I am now only using one videocard, and i am completely bug free. :shok:

Haven't had a single crash or hickup in the past 20 hours of playing. One weird thing is that my GPU usage only hangs around 30% but yet the game doesn't run incredibly smooth or anything. I have been able to run my folding@home GPU client while playing the game.

I've had incredible troubles with GTX 295 and crossfired 4870 with the FO3 engine. I'm not surprised if this happened in NV

lowfat

Staff member
I've had incredible troubles with GTX 295 and crossfired 4870 with the FO3 engine. I'm not surprised if this happened in NV

I was using HD4890 crossfire when Fallout 3 was released and I had very similar issues to what I was experiencing lately with New Vegas.

EDIT: 60 or so hours and I am still loving this game. Finally able to wear Power Armor now. :biggrin:

Last edited:

dragoonxx

I kinda messed up on my BoS quests....not doing it the "easy" way for getting the training...and I got to make sure I do it before doing the next Mr. House quest

YoungMan

Helmet doesn't seem to match the armor ;P
I personally prefer the vault 34 security armor as the ultimate armor.