What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fan Aiming

ToXic

So im wondering about fan aiming in terms of the CPU sink fan. Right now my sink fan aims at another fan on the rear (Scythe KAMA 1200 RPM aimed at a 140MM CM 1200RPM pulling air out of the case). im wondering should my core fan be aimed the other way pushing air out the front bay slots or would take create a problem with the air around the sink.

Picture:
almostl.jpg

to be clear i also have a 230mm pulling air in at the front, a 230mm on the door pulling air in and a 230mm on the roof pushing air out)

Please guide me for optimal fan placement.
Note the cables by the top half are pulled back now, this is a more dated photo.

Thanks!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The fan on your heatsink should be on the other side, blowing air towards the back of the case.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Or pushing air through the HSF and up towards the top exhaust. Heat rises.

CanadaRox

You should set it to go with the natural flow of the case, in this case (tee-hee) it would be pushing air (or pulling it) towards the back or top of the case.

MacJunky

Try a ziptie. The cooler you have is fine, you just need a more secure way of mounting your fan.
Makes no sense to replace the whole cooler when it was simply an easily replaceable part that got bent.

ToXic

Try a ziptie. The cooler you have is fine, you just need a more secure way of mounting your fan.
Makes no sense to replace the whole cooler when it was simply an easily replaceable part that got bent.

see the thing i linked? that's the mounting solution... apparently they made a 120 series slide on clasp because they knew the wire was garbage.

i wont degrade to zip ties haha... my system is not that ghetto

miggs78

Lots of people use zip ties to hold a second fan there, it's not really ghetto, it's a useful solution..

ToXic

Lots of people use zip ties to hold a second fan there, it's not really ghetto, it's a useful solution..

hah whats the point of 2 fans on this thing? i mean i have a 140mm almost on it because of sink to sidewall clearance.

Latest posts