What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fan control software?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So I don't see how we control fans that are connected to pwm fan controllers I know how to control one's connected to corsair commanders becuase there is software for those. But ones included with cases don't have any.

sswilson

Staff member
Typically you'd connect them to your motherboard headers and then use whatever software came with the motherboard.

Lysrin

Speedfan (http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php) is a popular option too. You'd have to have your fans connected to different headers though to control each fan's speed separately. If you have a PWM splitter with a single motherboard header connection then they all would run the same speed; faster or slower based on temp, but all the same RPM.

You likely know that last bit already Shadowarez... just thought it might be worth explaining.

I am just using the ASUS control software for mine, as sswilson said.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Ah ok yeah the splitter included with the meshify s2's has a single pwn to connect to CPU fan header and uses sata to power it. I'll see if I can get the software of the board or bios to least monitor them.

IV tried speed fan it'd not letting me alter fan speed or even monitor it. I'll check bios and whatever came with gigabyte board.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
It should have no problem controlling them as a pair. Splitters have one cable that's fully wired with the extras taking their cue from the first.

Izerous

Folding Team
My external rad box has a molex and 1 PWM wire running to it. The PWM wire is split into 2 then each of those are split 9 times on fan hubs (powered by the molex). All of that is hooked into the motherboard but it only sees it as 1 fan and the rest just follow suit.

If you look at any PWM splitters they are all the same though, only 1 has a tach wire, the catch being this really only works well when they are all the same fan, 3 mismatched fans on a 3 way splitter one may be able to run slower than the others and cause the other 2 to shut down when it slows the first one down.

Edit: And i just us the standard ASUS fan profile stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts