What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Far Cry 3 PC video stuttering.

FrostbittinHD

Here's my specs i7 3770 @3.4, R7970 Lightning Editions x2, 16GB of RAM 1600, ASrock Extreme 4 Z77, and res. 1920 by 1080. So when I fully max out the game I'm getting around ~40 - 60 fps which is ok. Now there is also some extreme micro-stuttering even when I disable crossfire mode the game still micro-stutters. I know it's not my hardware that can't play the game, does anybody else have these kinds of issues with Far Cry 3 PC? Thanks.

IRQ Conflict

Not sure. But It may be a similar issue that had ATI users pulling their hair out with FC2. Had to either run in DX9 mode instead of DX10. Or edit the inf to force a cap limit to 30FPS. You may want to try the cap limit trick if you can.

Edit: Try this driver as well. Be sure to remove your old driver in control panel, resart in safe mode and use a tool such as Driver Sweeper to clean any remnants and registry entries up. Restart in normal mode and install the new driver.

I also read that you can select render ahead settings. Try setting to 2 or 3. If that doesn't help put it back to the default. Hope you get it sorted out! :thumb:

Last edited:

FrostbittinHD

Not sure. But It may be a similar issue that had ATI users pulling their hair out with FC2. Had to either run in DX9 mode instead of DX10. Or edit the inf to force a cap limit to 30FPS. You may want to try the cap limit trick if you can.

Edit: Try this driver as well. Be sure to remove your old driver in control panel, resart in safe mode and use a tool such as Driver Sweeper to clean any remnants and registry entries up. Restart in normal mode and install the new driver.

I also read that you can select render ahead settings. Try setting to 2 or 3. If that doesn't help put it back to the default. Hope you get it sorted out! :thumb:

Thanks for showing me this, but I already have downloaded this driver and it has improved my fps by a bit. I think this game is going need to serious patches before the game really picks up for PC players. :haha:

IRQ Conflict

I don't want to sound like a downer, but they never did fix FC2 either. Just had to work with what ATI and Ubi gave us. But you should still be able to get the stuttering under control. Might take an obscure tweak down the road.

FrostbittinHD

I don't want to sound like a downer, but they never did fix FC2 either. Just had to work with what ATI and Ubi gave us. But you should still be able to get the stuttering under control. Might take an obscure tweak down the road.

Yeah I know FC 2 has problems even on nVidia cards too, there aren't as many as there are on FC 3. I'm not enjoying the game through micro-stuttering. This is one of the few games I have that even micro-stutters which is crazy. Thank goodness I got it for free :D.

wirerogue

do you have the lastest Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 drivers and 12.11 CAP2 installed?

appears to be a requirement.

FrostbittinHD

do you have the lastest Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 drivers and 12.11 CAP2 installed?

appears to be a requirement.

Yeah I installed them my frame rates have increased by quite a bit now they need to figure out the multiGPU support. For the microstuttering issue.

BeaverBender

No problems on my dual gtx 580 lightnings for Far Cry 3... Never had any on Far Cry 2 either. I'm running at 2560x1600. The visuals on this are amazing... So far it gets my game of the year.

ipaine

No problems on my dual gtx 580 lightnings for Far Cry 3... Never had any on Far Cry 2 either. I'm running at 2560x1600. The visuals on this are amazing... So far it gets my game of the year.

It is running great on my dual 580's as well, and yea it looks great and so far I have really been enjoying it.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
My gtx590 hydrocopper is stuttering like a bastard. Don't touch the mouse and just move forward and it is like he lurches every half second or so, FPS is pinned at 60.
Did the no post effects fix too. Helped the fps but still seems off.

Latest posts