What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Filtered case

danman789

I am looking for a case to build my new system. i have currently chose the corsair 650d for its looks and functions. it has great airflow, lots of room for almost anything and has great cable managment. it alos has dust filters for the intake fans. and that is what caught my eye. the only down side to this case is that it is expensive. $175. its a bit to much for my budget and i was wondering if there any really good cases with these kind of things. and also they must have "dust filter". thank you~

BrutalGreen

First, welcome to HWC ! !

The 650D has everything u mentioned indeed except great airflow...it has lots of radiator room instead, in short a much better case for water than air! There is sooooo much variety in the case industry I couldn't just suggest a case without knowing more about ur needs. Considering the corsair caught ur eye can I assume u rather minimalist to bold designs? window/led=want/don't care/don't want? what budget range would u rather look at? need room for radiators or just going to be air cooling? sound is a concern? etc...

If i really had to recommend an amazing case with awesome build quality (made by Lian-Li) with silence, airflow, filters, minimal design, window and lots of room at a much inferior price point I'd say the Lancool PC-K62 @ 87$! But then again I could probably help you with a case that might suite you better if I knew more about what you want...

FlyingFish

If you can deal with a more minimalistic case, the Fractal Design R3 is a great case. It isn't as flashy as the Corsair, but it is well made, has good cable management options, airflow, and filters on the front and on the bottom where the PSU is.

danman789

i have no interest in flashing lights and sound so all i want is a nice and simple case with a window with lots of room. and to say for budget i would say that 170$ like the 650d would be max. it would be nice if there was a cheaper case. as for radiators and stuff i only have a h50 so all i need is the 120mm fan slot in the back of the case. but what i need most is dust filters. i might go with the corsair 700t special white edition because it is slightly cheaper than the 650 and it has a window with lots of space for cable management. also i "think" it has great airflow because it has a filterd front 200mm fan and a 200mm exhaust fan on the top along with a 120mm on the back

BrutalGreen

If you want good airflow stay away from the current Corsair cases, they are all hotboxes...their least bad is the 650D. Their carbide series (400R and 500R) are coming soon and look good and are cheaper (100$/130$) maybe look at those if time permits. But for a simple case with a window/filter/high quality with good airflow I still stand by the PC-K62 (just unwire the LEDs on the fans) or if u want to spend 650D money but have basically the case with THE BEST airflow currently available...look at the Silverstone RV02 or FT02!

The problem with the Corsair cases is that they are too big in order to accommodate water cooling gear but the fans are low speed for silence...so they are too low pressure to create a noteworthy airflow, so u get hotspots under your graphics cards, around you CPU (this won't be an issue for u as u have an H50 but the GPUs will suffer).

Also note that only the fact a case has filters isn't enough to keep it dust free. If its negative pressure (more exhaust CFM than intake) even if all ur fans have filters, dust will penetrate from every single gap! that can be easily remedied tho by just putting more intake fans than exhaust on most cases! Also if you like a case but its missing dust filters, you can always buy them apart, a 120mm one cost only 2$!

Lastly as FlyingFish pointed out, prettymuch all the Fractal cases should suite your every need except a window if you can live without one.

danman789

ah, thank you butal green for taking your time to respond. i have gone with the difine r3 because it is cheaper than the corsair one and it has a nice simple look. since i do not care about silence i bought 3 140mm fans and 2 dust filter from the link you provided. the define r3 is a nice case. it comes with dust filters for all except the side intake fan.and i bought the dust filters for the 120mm for the h50 and the side panel. thank you! amd on my old pc like you mentioned dust always finds a way inside a pc no matter how much filteration and stuff you have. you could litterally seal the whole computer up with like umm... some glue i guess and it will still manage to get inside. and to ur advice i will be having 6intake fans and 2 exhaust fans. that probably will keep the dust out a bit longer:haha:

Latest posts