What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Final Build after careful consideration!!!

enaberif

why spend $95 on a case that comes with a PSU that your going to change out? Your wasting money that you don't need to.

I'm going to suggest looking into another case.

Dashock

He does seem to have added a power supply to the list so i have no idea why hes getting that case in purticular :ph34r:.

miggs78

Everything looks good, except for the motherboard and case :

1. Make sure your HD4870 x2 will actually fit in the case (case came out in 2005... looks smallish)

2. Maybe Biostar I45 or Asus P5Q-E over the P5Q-Pro...

My .02 :biggrin:
Either one of those boards are good, go with the cheaper, you won't regret getting any one of those.

SugarJ

Staff member
He likes the look of it. I just encouraged him to make his own choice of cases. I know what I like, but for a first build, looks matter more to the builder. After you've banged your knuckles a few times and cut holes to hide wires, your priorities seem to change. If only the 690 came with a side window.

enaberif

He likes the look of it. I just encouraged him to make his own choice of cases. I know what I like, but for a first build, looks matter more to the builder. After you've banged your knuckles a few times and cut holes to hide wires, your priorities seem to change. If only the 690 came with a side window.
I understand that but why not go with something like the TJ04? Its a great little case with a side window?
NCIX.com - Buy Silverstone Temjin TJ04B Black ATX Case 4X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5INT No PS - TJ04B In Canada.

Its a few dollars more but at least it doesn't come with a PSU?

miggs78

Oh and Sugar, man it has now become much easier to make a window on a side panel, hek you can even use double sided tape, the heavy duty one that bill owen suggests, and it works like charms, even a dremel can do a job, with some molding and plexiglass, that is the only thing that you might have to shop on the other side of the border, like performance pcs.

cwestwell

I agree with most. That case chassis is old and flimsy (I had a similar raidmax case) it would be well worth it to spend and extra $30 bucks to get a more up to date case your 4870x2 will fit but it will almost be in one of the 5.25 drive bays if not slightly inside. Get an antec 900 or CM 690 for a better case that is not to much more money or if your sold on the silver the Lian Li PC-65

moxmonkey

spend an extra $8 and get a bolt through kit while your at it makes installing the heatsink so much easier not to mention having the cpu run cooler

Latest posts

Twitter