What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Finally 3.6Ghz on air

LionRed

Finally got 3.6GHz on air and below 65C peak temps. Doesn't help room temp in shop is 28C.

LionRed

Q6600.
I can get 3.8Ghz as well...and do SuperPI 1M 13.718s. 3.6 was just always outta reach (for temp reasons)...this is totally brute force =) Nothing beats a house fan for air cooling :thumb:

This is totally not usable....the noise from that fan is like a prop plane flying. I just went a little crazy tonight. :whistle:

I think I am getting bored with 3.2Ghz Q6600 1.33V.

Mattu

I love the fan. My old P4 with 9800Pro needed that cooling solution for gaming sessions lasting over 1 hour.

aviduser

Heh, my dad has a 2' wide fan used for circulating air to dry out houses (when building). I always thought about strapping it to the side of my computer for the hell of it.

go flames go

i might make a case side mode when I mount about 30 panaflows all oveer the side panel. mmmmm airflow/drool

sswilson

Staff member
If you can figure out the ductwork, an automobile heat/circulating fan blows a hell of a lot of air..... :)