What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Finance machine

Vision6800

Hi All. I'm not into tech that much but this is my second build. The machine is for personal use and finance so it's designed for graphics and heavy multi tasking; 64g of ram, support for up to four monitors.

What do you think of this direction? Is it overkill? Can you suggest a graphics card?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 ATX Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Any thoughts on g.skill vs corsair memory?

JD

Staff member
What sort of finance applications are you anticipating? Is this more along the lines of day trading?

Motherboard is a bit overkill I'd say... I think you'd be fine with the TUF Gaming X570-Plus.

G.SKILL is fine, and the Neo series is aimed at Ryzen. I have 2x16GB of it without any issues thus far. Corsair RAM is generally overpriced these days to me.

GPU wise, if none of the apps need any GPU power, the RX570 would be fine.

Vision6800

I trade TOS in multiple instances and tastyworks with other streams going. Some apps use 3d rendering.

I'm confused on your gpu comment and don't understand gpu's in general.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
what are the minimum gpu requirements of those 3d apps? onboard gpu may not cut it with upmto 4 monitors (resolution of those?).

JD

Staff member
You'll need to list the specific apps or look up the requirements of them to determine what GPU you need. I can't imagine these being that graphically heavy though.

Bond007

Agree with others that we need more info before recommending a graphics card.

Motherboard is massive overkill. Get any MSI B450 motherboard with "MAX" in the name and 4 ram slots will support that setup out of the box and do everything you want with ease. I would recommend an MSI Tomahawk Max as a solid middle-ground board while not wasting any $.

MARSTG

a more balanced configuration . Your priority will be the data stream, so don't use wifi, have it wired. Twin RX 570s can easily churn for four displays . Alternatively a Ryzen 5 3400G with integrated graphics would save some money and take care of 2 monitors, or at least one, leaving the other 3 for the rx570. 64 gb cases for using system ram are almost exclusively reserved for 4k video production and server loads, try 2 x 16 GB first then if not satisfied add another kit of 2 x 8 GB, i find hard to believe trading requires so much ram.
<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VTrCzN">PCPartPicker Part

Izerous

I kind of have the same feeling about the ram configuration. Unless your intended to run a 32GB ram drive, 64GB total ram is likely not to be leveraged properly.

Vision6800

Thanks everyone. I can't get graphics specs. I do want to go with 64g of ram.

MARSTG, I'm confused on your suggestion. Run two graphics cards?

Can anyone suggest a respectable middle of the road gpu that can handle 4 monitors and will last a long time?

Current build:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Fractal Design Define R6 - Mid Tower
EVGA power supply(650-850w)

Twitter