What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First build in a long time

lastsplash

Just ordered some parts and waiting (impatiently) for them to arrive! Here's what i've got coming for my gaming (Fallout, Civ4, Sims3, CoH, CoD) and photoshop rig.

Intel i5 750
Gigabyte P55 UD5
GSkill Ripjaws 4 x 2gb DDR3 1333 8-8-8-24
Gigabyte HD5750 x 2 (should have got a single 5850)
WD Caviar Green 1TB x 2 (undecided on RAID)
Corsair Pro HX750 PSU
Zerotherm Core92 CPU heatsink (I've seen reviews by people using this on 1156 but manufacturers website doesnt mention 1156, supplier says it will fit)
NZXT Panzerbox Case
Win 7 Home

It's a little late to ask since it's on its way but will it all work? I've only ever built one PC and it was a i387 so... yea. Newbie here! Any advice (good or bad) would be appreciated.

I do plan on O/Cing eventually.

clone63

Couldn't tell you about the core92. ANyway, I don't see any problems, although I understand green HD's don't raid too well. For the eek of performance I would just use one for installs, one for data. Or get a low capacity black addition, or at least a 7200. Just my 2c.

geokilla

They'll work just fine, though I would've made the following changes:

4GB RAM. No need for 8GB, unless you run stuff that's RAM intensive such as lots of video encoding or AutoCAD or something. However, judging from the GPUs I assume you're gaming
Single ATI 5850 or 5870
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+

P.S. Where are you buying from? If they haven't shipped yet, you could try refunding your purchase and get other parts.