What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First build.

Il Duce

I heard Lite-On drives are loud and sucks at burning discs. You should consider LG or Samsung products.

I'm one of those victims of Lite-On. They used to be awesome for cd rom drives but for some reason they've relied heavily on their past success to push a faulty product... I bought the DVD burner for like 60 bucks when dual layered burning came out.

Trust me avoid lite-on and choose either a Plextor or a NEC. I'd wait for some HD/BluR though.

Gamashinoch

Ew. Get plextor cause it's the most expensive? Sometimes 3x higher priced than other drives? Dont' get plextor. Grab a Samsung or a Pioneer. I've had no problems with my Pioneer 16x burner.

l0ck

There has been some revision, and some guy I talked to told me that my parts are not compatibale. This got me worreid and I'm gonna' order later on today; in an hour or two. But i have to check compatability issues. Here goes:

Graphics Card: Evga GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB (downgraded; going to get the 9000 series once they come out)
Processor: Intel Quad Core 2 Duo Q6600
Hard Dirve: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD Dirve: Lite-On LH-20A1H
Motherboard: Evga nForce 680i SLI 775
Memory: OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 2GB DDR2
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W

I'd really like to get an answer ASAP, so that I can safely order before they run out of CPUs.

Thanks in advance.

enaberif

Pioneer DVR-212 for the big win!

Non-Overclock:
Code:
Graphics Card: Evga GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB
[b]DVD Dirve: Pioneer DVR-212[/b]
[b]Motherboard: P5B-E/Plus[/b]
[b]Memory: Corsair XMS2 (Purple/Black[/b]
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W

Overclock:
Code:
Graphics Card: Evga GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB
[b]DVD Drive: Pioneer DVR-212[/b]
[b]Motherboard: P5N32-SLI[/b]
[b]Memory: OCZ Reaper PC2-8500[/b]
PSU: Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF 750 (Quad SLI)

Updated.

You may want to opt for a good cpu cooler as welll.. maybe the Tuniq or Zalman ones. The quads will run a bit warmer.

Last edited:

Gamashinoch

Why you going for a quad core? Apps are barely optimized for dual let alone quad. Also that's apparently a gaming pc, dual cores perform better than quads in gaming. If anything I'd go for the faster videocard and "downgrade" to a dual core Core 2. e 6300 can see 1GHz+ o/c (3.2GHz) on stock cooling!

Latest posts