What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First full component build input a

TaeKwonDave

Hello,

I am in the process of working out my first full build. I have done guided builds and upgrades but this will be my first build based on components I have done 100% of the researching and selecting of myself. I would like some general feedback on my build and also wanted to ask about the 2 compatibility notes. This will primarily be a 2k gaming build. The motherboard I have selected has 4 SATA ports and I only plan on using 1 SSD and 1 HDD so the first compatibility note about shared bandwidth and 2 disabled SATA ports shouldn't matter I wouldn't think? Also the bottom note seems more of an uncertainty to me but since I've selected an NZXT case and cooler I would think they would work together as I've seen that specific cooler go into micro ITX builds. Also, note the reason I've selected such a high wattage PSU was due to the fact that I had a third compatibility note that said my motherboard has a second 4 pin connector along with the primary and that the psu should utilize and take advantage of this.
Screenshot_20191124-172839_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191124-172844_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191124-172850_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191124-172856_Chrome.jpg

Bond007

My thoughts:

1. ditch the hard drive and up the ssd to 1TB.
2. Consider going to a Ryzen 3700X. Your decision in the end, but in gaming at 2K there will be next to zero difference, and it would be faster for almost everything else. Also cheaper.

TaeKwonDave

My thoughts:

1. ditch the hard drive and up the ssd to 1TB.
2. Consider going to a Ryzen 3700X. Your decision in the end, but in gaming at 2K there will be next to zero difference, and it would be faster for almost everything else. Also cheaper.

I appreciate the input I'll look into that

MARSTG

2k gaming means 1080p? 1920x1080 ?
You are aware nobody wants Intel anymore, right ? No new tech, same milked architecture from series 6, overpriced and fully open to vulnerabilities ( has your research uncovered that ? ).
Ryzen 5 3600 or higher is what everyone wants, if new. (https://www.techradar.com/news/most-europeans-now-prefer-amd-cpus-as-sentiment-turns-against-intel )
Actually, gaming wise, 9700k is neck and neck with the 3600X while asking 60% more price ! ( has your research uncovered that ? ).
I am pretty sure WD SN750 is a lot better than Samsung 970 EVO.
If your gaming is indeed at 1080p you don't need more than a RX580, even GTX 1070 is overkill.
For the security of your data I would advise you use two identical hdds in raid 1. Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

rjbarker

Looks like a solid build!! 9700K is a great chip if you prefer Intel ...
He may need the larger HDD guys for media....makes sense..HDD 4TB for Media...500G NVme for boot

Your 1070 is fine for 1080...but its older..consider newer 1660 or RTX 2060...

RAID with 2 HDD isnt a necessity either....

Be sure to post pics :)

Latest posts