What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First gaming build!

enaberif

Yeah...but i've heard that XP will be outdated soon and ill have to purchase a new OS...Or is that all just nonsense? Also, don't 32bit's only use 3gb, wouldnt the 4gb i'm going to purchase not be necessary (assuming 2gb is sufficient)?

XP will never be outdated; look at how many people still use Win98/2k :)

Yes your right 32bit will only allow upto 3.2-3.5gb of memory but 64bit isn't worth the jump unless you have more than 4gb like 6gb due to the overhead the OS will end up taking for itself.

Remember this.. 32 bit apps are limited to a 2gb address space that regardless if you are running 32 or 64bit its still gonna be walled.

JD

Staff member
Ahhh just one more question, this will be the last one for sure..i promise. Should i get a 32bit [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium or a 64bit?..
[/FONT]
I'd go with 64bit Vista. I've been using it since release and haven't had any serious issues. Driver and application support has come extremely far over this time as well seeing as I've been through it all. Then you can use 4GB+ of RAM and have DX10.

Sure XP probably wont disappear anytime soon, but I wouldn't really buy a copy of it now. If you have one already then fine, but if your buying an OS, I'd get Vista. I find Vista way easier to use than XP ever was but that's just me.

Latest posts