What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First PC Build Help

Dom921

Hi, I need help or suggestions to my first build. I’ve been wanting to build my pc for a couple of months now but up until a week ago I knew absolutely nothing about a pc build. I got one of my friends to suggest some items and run me the basics of gathering and I went off of a list he suggested. I would like opinions and suggestions if anything is missing or if I could use anything extra. I’m already at my price limit with these items but I’m willing to go $100 extra if there are any better suggestions. Here are the parts I have picked out. Any help is appreciated!

Tower:
Thermaltake Commander C36 Motherboard Sync

MOBO:
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI

GPU:
XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

PSU:
Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 80+ Bronze 650W

SSD:
Seagate FireCuda 1TB Hybrid Drive SSHD
and
SK Hynix Gold S31 500GB 3D NAND Internal SSD

RAM:
TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB)

moocow

Holy hell, there's a RGB power supply?! Why do you need a RGB power supply when the fan is pointed downward to suck in air from the bottom of the case to cool itself?

I would swap out the PSU for a Season unit unless I can for sure that it's made by a reputable manufacturer. SSD I would go with something that's actually NVME and ditch the SSHD to just a regular 7200RPM drive. GPU wise, I think the MSI Pulse 5700XT may be better. Check Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unbox on Youtube for reviews tho.

Dom921

Holy hell, there's a RGB power supply?! Why do you need a RGB power supply when the fan is pointed downward to suck in air from the bottom of the case to cool itself?

I would swap out the PSU for a Season unit unless I can for sure that it's made by a reputable manufacturer. SSD I would go with something that's actually NVME and ditch the SSHD to just a regular 7200RPM drive. GPU wise, I think the MSI Pulse 5700XT may be better. Check Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unbox on Youtube for reviews tho.
Thanks I’ll for sure check these out

moocow

Sorry, it should be Seasonic PSU. A lot of PSU makers don't actually make their own unit so you have to check who actually made them. You really don't want to buy a bad one or worst a fake one and end up having it burning down your house.

@Prickly007 Geez that's just outright stupid. Why not have RGB buttplug sold with a "gaming" chair with a seat base with a cutout and a mirror attachment so you can see your butthole raving as you game?

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Sorry, it should be Seasonic PSU. A lot of PSU makers don't actually make their own unit so you have to check who actually made them. You really don't want to buy a bad one or worst a fake one and end up having it burning down your house.

@Prickly007 Geez that's just outright stupid. Why not have RGB buttplug sold with a "gaming" chair with a seat base with a cutout and a mirror attachment so you can see your butthole raving as you game?

Don't give them any ideas.... :cautious:

Shadowmeph

I think it depends on allot what you plan on doing with the PC my self I have 2 pcs both older and a laptop and a raspi laptop id doe all my general stuff emails youtube raspi s one if for watching shows movies ( via libreelec) that I have on my first PC my other PC is for gaming only its older but works good enough for me that pc I use a NVME drive for the OS and a SShd 1 tb for my games the only reason why I am using the SShd instead of a normal drive is because it was on sale very cheep and actually at the time was cheaper then the normal HD .
my other raspi is just sitting here until I can find something in stock so that I can connect all of the drives from my other PC and create a type of Nass so save some electricity lights at night and less heat .
so back to you ait all depends on what your using your PC for but all the above suggestions are very good suggestions and I trust pretty much everyone on this site there suggestions always have helped me out

Latest posts