What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First Pc build need some help

Bond007

Looks good to me, but just make sure your expectations are set. It will game for sure, but you won’t get high graphics settings in all games.

A couple thoughts for your consideration:
1. Graphics card. As mentioned above, it will be fine, but if you can grab a good deal on a used 1070/1080/2060/1660 in the coming weeks it would be much better. New graphics cards are coming, so you may be able to get a good used deal from someone upgrading.

2. Case- looks great, but you have put a massive amount of your budget in it. Personally I would go to something cheaper and distribute the saved money to a bigger/faster/1tb nvme ssd, and a faster graphics card.

3. cooler- similar to above, this chews up a good chunk of money and won’t cool any better than a cheap 120mm tower air cooler. If you are after better cooling, go to a 240mm AIO. If you just want to perform and keep cost down, I would go with a tower air cooler,or even just use the stock heat sink (easy to swap in the future) and put the money again to the graphics carD/ssd.

3.Power supply - will be perfectly fine, but I would recommend a gold rated, quality, 650watt. This will give you longevity to be able to substantially upgrade things like the graphics card in the future with having to upgrade the power supply.

4. Ssd - as I have mentioned above, try for a 1tb if you can. On a budget the wd sn 550, or if the cost is manageable an sx8200 pro, s11 pro or sn750.

clshades

If you need a 1080p 24" 144hz gaming monitor, I'll have one for sale shortly. 100 Bux. I've upgraded to a 32". Doesn't have g-syn or freesync, but it runs really well.

shro

I'd upgrade the m.2 drive. I made this mistake on my build and regretted it soon after.
Xpg 1gb with the 8200 controllers. It's on sale most of the time.

Loads game epically.
Thanks, ill change my drive to This
Looks good to me, but just make sure your expectations are set. It will game for sure, but you won’t get high graphics settings in all games.

A couple of thoughts for your consideration:
1. Graphics card. As mentioned above, it will be fine, but if you can grab a good deal on a used 1070/1080/2060/1660 in the coming weeks it would be much better. New graphics cards are coming, so you may be able to get a good used deal from someone upgrading.

2. Case- looks great, but you have put a massive amount of your budget in it. Personally I would go to something cheaper and distribute the saved money to a bigger/faster/1tb nvme ssd, and a faster graphics card.

3. cooler- similar to above, this chews up a good chunk of money and won’t cool any better than a cheap 120mm tower air cooler. If you are after better cooling, go to a 240mm AIO. If you just want to perform and keep cost down, I would go with a tower air cooler,or even just use the stock heat sink (easy to swap in the future) and put the money again to the graphics carD/ssd.

3.Power supply - will be perfectly fine, but I would recommend a gold rated, quality, 650watt. This will give you longevity to be able to substantially upgrade things like the graphics card in the future with having to upgrade the power supply.

4. Ssd - as I have mentioned above, try for a 1tb if you can. On a budget the wd sn 550, or if the cost is manageable an sx8200 pro, s11 pro or sn750.
1. Ill probably follow ur advice and buy a used 1070 or 1080 once the 3080 comes out and everyone goes to buy that
2. Gonna go for This instead which is significantly cheaper, and should fit everything despite being shorter than the 570x
3. Would you recommend the Deepcool Gammaxx GT RGB CPU Cooler or the Antec Neptune 120 ARGB 120mm Advanced All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler.
4. would This do?
5 as mentioned above gonna go for This
Thanks
If you need a 1080p 24" 144hz gaming monitor, I'll have one for sale shortly. 100 Bux. I've upgraded to a 32". Doesn't have g-syn or freesync, but it runs really well.
I got one but thanks anyways

Last edited:

clshades

For the money you are spending on the drive definately get the xpg drive I linked. It's as fast as drives 100 bux more. Highest rated drive at the price point. Keeps up with the 970 plus easy. So happy I grabbed one. Significantly faster load times on games too.

@lowfat or someone recommended this drive, best advice I've taken on m.2 drives for sure. It's the controller, If I have this right, that does all the leg work.

shro

For the money you are spending on the drive definately get the xpg drive I linked. It's as fast as drives 100 bux more. Highest rated drive at the price point. Keeps up with the 970 plus easy. So happy I grabbed one. Significantly faster load times on games too.

@lowfat or someone recommended this drive, best advice I've taken on m.2 drives for sure. It's the controller, If I have this right, that does all the leg work.
Ok ill grab that then thanks

Bond007

the Corsair rm power supply is good, but not amazing (rmx is great, but I see it is quite expensive there).

A little cheaper than the rm. This antec model is build by seasonic. Basically the internals of A seasonic focus plus gold (also available at leave, but more expensive).

I also want to point out that while you are making changes to remember. The case, powersupply, motherboard, cpu, main nvme are parts you aren’t going to want tohave for a while (most of your changes reflect that). Make sure you are happy with those and have good quality.

It’s easy to add another storage drive, swap a cpu cooler, upgrade the graphics card, etc at any point.

Skippman

I will see your Antec/Seasonic and raise you an eVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold for $10 AUS more. That's 100 more watts, meets the specs for the 3080 (for If/When) and is Gold certified. It's no Seasonic, but I doubt anyone here will complain about eVGA PSU quality.

I like the change in case. Much better bang for the buck and this is coming from a die hard Corsair case fanboy.

As Bond said, there's no reason to go AIO unless you're planning on OC'ing. For your budget an air cooler, while not as sexy, is definitely more budget friendly.

Latest posts

Twitter