What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

First Pc build need some help

Bond007

I will see your Antec/Seasonic and raise you an eVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold for $10 AUS more. That's 100 more watts, meets the specs for the 3080 (for If/When) and is Gold certified. It's no Seasonic, but I doubt anyone here will complain about eVGA PSU quality.

EVGA power supplies of old, I would definitely agree...many of the new ones I would pass on. This one has been out for a little while, and I am yet to see a decent review/tear down.The days of the great g2 are over. I would personally pass on the ga unless you find a good review of it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
EVGA power supplies of old, I would definitely agree...many of the new ones I would pass on. This one has been out for a little while, and I am yet to see a decent review/tear down.The days of the great g2 are over. I would personally pass on the ga unless you find a good review of it.

The GA is Tier B and fine for mid range systems.

Great well maintained website for a quick glance at PSU quality.

clshades

Love my g2

Skippman

That's sad to hear. I'm still running my 1000W G2 SuperNova 80+ Gold. Been a rock solid part of my last couple of build revisions and has plenty of head room for the newer nVidia GPU's.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That's sad to hear. I'm still running my 1000W G2 SuperNova 80+ Gold. Been a rock solid part of my last couple of build revisions and has plenty of head room for the newer nVidia GPU's.

Some EVGA are great, some are bad. Just like anything you have to do your research and make sure you're getting a good product.