What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Fixed angle 32" monitor stand (Pinball) & Front full width controller box

sswilson

Staff member
I was sure you could select gsync display by screen in the nvidia control panel.
Just looked at it, and it says.... "to enable this monitor please set it to primary display in multiple monitor page" (or something to that effect.... I was pretty sure gsync was limited to one monitor isn't it?

sswilson

Staff member
With Rivatuner Statistics Server? You should just be able to navigate to the exe in steam\steamapps\common\

That's what I was missing.... I linked the file in Nvidia control panel for "fast" Vsync.... I do have the rivatuner stats server installed (Afterburner probably?), would that be better than nvidia fast vsync?

lowfat

Staff member
That's what I was missing.... I linked the file in Nvidia control panel for "fast" Vsync.... I do have the rivatuner stats server installed (Afterburner probably?), would that be better than nvidia fast vsync?
In theory it is the best. But its kind of a pain to setup. I just use fast sync. :eek:

sswilson

Staff member
In theory it is the best. But its kind of a pain to setup. I just use fast sync. :eek:
Sounds good, I'll stick with that for now.... I'll disable vsync in the game's controls, but it really shouldn't matter should it? Aren't the control panel settings supposed to override the game settings?

lowfat

Staff member
Sounds good, I'll stick with that for now.... I'll disable vsync in the game's controls, but it really shouldn't matter should it? Aren't the control panel settings supposed to override the game settings?
I'd disable in game and just use control panel.

sswilson

Staff member
The Keyboard Tray Controller "mod" is complete.....

Keyboard Tray Controller Messy wires.jpg

Keyboard Tray Controller wires managed.jpg

Not sure if anybody else has tried them, but the Command "Clear Cord Clip" ( https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/command-clear-cord-clip-0610337p.html ) works like a charm, especially if you've got a lot of long loose wires to manage.

Because I was going so wide I had to splice some extra wire onto the controller connectors, and I apparently went a little overboard with some of them.... :)

Keyboard Tray Controller upright no lights.jpg

Keyboard Tray Controller upright lights.jpg

Keyboard Tray Controller Flipper button.jpg

That's the tray I've been grumbling about in the rants thread... dunno what it's made of, but it's bloody well tough as nails and stupidly hard to drill or cut..... :)

There's also a quick pic of one side's flipper support. Turned out well enough for an amateur modeler and would work just as well under a piece of plywood if somebody wanted to extend the "platform" out far enough to accommodate it.

Keyboard Tray Controller Full Game.jpg

And there it is in all of it's glory!!! I've since moved the keyboard back down to the tray and have put the little shelf away for safe keeping.

Overall, it seems to be working well. I was a bit dissatisfied with the way the controller was shifting during gameplay... I considered attaching it directly to the tray, but ultimately decided on this option. I can now set the tray so that it's butted firmly against the front of the desktop and the only way it would move would be backwards so movement is no longer an issue. My second concern was that it might be too wide for comfortable play, but it comes in at 26.5" while a typical pinball cabinet is somewhere around 28" so it's not overly wide and feels pretty comfortable to use.

So, what's the latest odds in the office pool that I end up with a full cabinet before this time next year??? :)

sswilson

Staff member
I'm guessing this winter once the COVID lockdowns come back into full force :rolleyes:

Looks like fun though!
Nah... winter doesn't work for that kind of job here. I don't have a shop or a garage and the basement's mostly finished so no room to set up a full shop.... :)

edit: I'll have to limit myself to tweeks on the current setup.... I've already got an idea in my head of how to wrap the flipper mount around the front.... :)

Latest posts

Twitter