What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Flickr.com goes down every few minutes, for my internet connection, why?

M

member 3099

Hey guys

Got a weird one here, it only happens to flickr.com (or anything on flickr) where the site will go down. It doesn't even wait to load just goes straight to the "Server not found" page.

This happens every 10 minutes or so and lasts maybe a minute. Does the same thing on my phone using wifi, and my girlfriends mac. So it's not my cache or anything like that. It's been doing this since I moved in, in November.

What can be causing this? I'm stumped. It gets very annoying when I'm trying to upload photos, or browse reddit that links to flickr often.

Shaw internet in Calgary. If anyone else has this problem, post.

Arinoth

Staff member
Most be the modem/router as a SOAP blackout wouldn't effect him since november.

Shadowmeph

maybe try a different web browser first to make sure it isn't just some type of blocking utility on your current web browser isn't doing it. then I would do a trace route to see where the delay or bad connection is .

M

member 3099

maybe try a different web browser first to make sure it isn't just some type of blocking utility on your current web browser isn't doing it. then I would do a trace route to see where the delay or bad connection is .
Happens on my computer with firefox, my phone using wifi with opera mobile, and my girlfriends mac.

It IS my internet connection and not my computer

How do I do that? Does flickr have to be down for that to work? It's down/up all the time and is only down for like 10 -30 seconds. (however, often!)

Arinoth

Staff member
It sounds like there is a hop problem from your ISP to their servers. Have you tried to tracert to see where you may be getting high latency or dropped packets?

Latest posts